OPPORTUNITY OFFERED: Essay Contest
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Eager to stimulate reflection and innovation on development from diverse disciplinary and contextual perspectives and with the generous support of Ambassador Jenö Staehelin, the Graduate Institute is launching the third edition of the Advancing Development Goals Contest, an international competition for graduate students.
In 2016, the contest is to discuss The Challenges of Urbanisation.
The idea is to gather contributions that are both theoretically grounded and offer pragmatic solutions to a relevant international development problem stemming from an interdisciplinary collaboration between 3 to 5 enrolled master students from anywhere in the world.
We invite teams of students to:
- identify a challenge stemming from urbanisation;
- construct an interdisciplinary analysis on how it affects different aspects of development in a specific (but transposable) context;
- propose innovation at the policy, practice, process or technology levels turning the challenge into development opportunity.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE? Open to master students from all over the world
REWARD OFFERED: The ADG contest 2016 will distribute 17,500 CHF in monetary prizes. The winning project will be awarded 10,000 CHF, the second prize will receive 5,000 CHF and the third, 2,500 CHF.
HOW TO APPLY: Send in your application by filling in the following form.
- Registration deadline: 25th May 2016
- Submissions are due by the 31st July 2016
Source: Competitions for Nigerians